Logan Square is a thriving Chicago neighborhood, offering the perfect blend of bustling businesses, cozy cafes, and hidden gems. Logan Square in Chicago, Illinois is also a great place to shop for all your athletic needs. Whether you're looking to explore the area with a walking tour, get active with a bike ride, or stock up on new athletic wear, this vibrant neighborhood has something for everyone.
In this blog post, we'll be taking a look at the best places to shop for exercise-related items in the Logan Square area, as well as giving you some tips on how to get some exercise while shopping. We'll also show you how to find the best deals and discounts available in Chicago so that you can save money while getting fit!
Logan Square truly is a great place to stay active while getting the most out of your visit! For those looking to enjoy the best that this hip metropolitan area has to offer, be sure to check out these shops and activities while creating your own personalized itinerary - it's easy to make the most of your time exploring this amazing neighborhood!
Where is Logan Square in Chicago?
Logan Square is a vibrant, multi-cultural community located on the northwest side of Chicago. It's bordered by Humboldt Park to the south, Avondale to the north, and Bucktown to the east. The area is known for its art galleries, music venues, trendy cocktail bars, and, of course, its world-renowned shopping opportunities.
The neighborhood is home to many parks and green spaces that are perfect for outdoor activities. If you feel like taking a break from your retail therapy, visit its several public parks with basketball courts, tennis courts, playgrounds, and more. One popular park is called Palmer Square. Users rate this park as “clean” and “quiet” and would be a perfect place to either rest after some shopping, or even fit in some self-guided fitness routines.
Although regarded as a bit busier than Palmer Square, Humboldt Park is another popular park stop among tourists and locals alike. One special perk of Humboldt Park is not only its expansive size, but that it also has a variety of amenities for people looking for a place to raise their heartrate outdoors, such as tennis courts. If you want to bring your furry friend to the park with you, you’re in luck! Humboldt Park allows dogs.
There are also plenty of opportunities to get free exercise while shopping in Logan Square. You can find sports apparel stores like Fleet Feet Sports where you can buy running shoes and other important fitness gear. There are also several bike shops like Boulevard Bikes that offer rentals and repairs as well as biking accessories.
If you're looking for a place to stay active outdoors, there's no shortage of options in Logan Square. You can also find running paths along the boulevards that wind through the area or take a stroll through one of the many green spaces, including Palmer Square or Humboldt Park, in the neighborhood.
Best Shopping Destinations for Health-Conscious Logan Square Visitors
Logan Square is a great destination for health-conscious shoppers, with plenty of stores to choose from. Here are the top 6 shopping destinations for those who want to stay fit and healthy and shop for their active lifestyle:
Wolfbait & B-Girls is located at 3131 W Logan Blvd, Chicago, IL 60647. Its website claims its a handmade marketplace. This store offers a wide selection of eco-friendly clothing, accessories, and home goods. They also have a variety of items made from sustainable materials like organic cotton and bamboo. Most of the products in this store will be made by local artisans and Chicago designers, so if sustainable shopping and supporting local businesses gets you excited, this shop is for you. Also be sure to test out their natural deodorant selection to keep you smelling fresh and clean - while also doing no harm to your body - while exploring Logan Square by foot or bike.
If you’re feeling adventurous and creative, also try taking some of their workshops!
Located at 1323 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60622, this boutique specializes in stylish vintage wear as well as athleisure wear that is both comfortable and fashionable. They carry items such as leggings, sports bras, tanks, and shorts that are perfect for working out or just lounging around the house.
Find Nakama Toys at 2504 N California Ave, Chicago, IL 60647. This store has an impressive selection of toys and games that promote physical activity and creative playtime - for kids and adults. From board games to outdoor activities, they have something for everyone!
Located at 2875 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60618, Monarch Thrift Shop is the perfect place to buy affordable and valuable secondhand clothing, including athletic, leisure, and athleisure wear. They have a wide selection of gently-used activewear that will provide you great value for a killer price.
This store is located at 2317 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60647 and offers stylish yet functional clothing - including activewear - that is perfect for any workout routine or lifestyle choice. From leggings to sports bras, they have everything you need to look good while staying fit!
Discover Adornment + Theory at 2644 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60647. This boutique specializes in unique jewelry pieces that are perfect for adding some extra flair to your workout outfit or everyday wardrobe! They also carry a small selection of activewear items such as leggings and tanks tops too!
An Itinerary for Shopping That'll Elevate Your Heart Rate
Logan Square, Chicago is the perfect destination for shoppers who want to combine exercise and shopping. With its vast array of stores, cafes and restaurants, it's easy to turn a simple errand run into an opportunity to get some steps in!
Try this itinerary for a fun and active day in Logan Square:
- Start at Monarch Thrift Shop. This shop offers gently used activewear at an affordable price - perfect for anyone looking for premier value pieces.
- Next, head to Wolfbait & B-girls, where you can pick up some stylish and sustainable clothing and accessories. Nearby, you’ll also find Adornment + Theory for jewelry pieces that add an extra touch of flair to any outfit!
- Just a short detour off of this primarily-N. Milwaukee-route is Nakama Toys, where you can browse their selection of innovative toys, some of which are designed to promote physical activity.\
- Last, after Nakama Toys, get back onto N. Milwaukee avenue to head down to FELT nearby for workout clothes that are both stylish and comfortable.
- BONUS: If you’d like to enjoy some outdoor time after your shopping route, head south from FELT until you hit Palmer Square. It’s only a 7 minute detour!
With this shopping route through Logan Square, you're sure to get at least 1.5 miles of walking in (a little over 30 minutes of cardio), as well as pick up some great finds- from activewear to unique jewelry items!
Restaurants to Try While You Shop in Logan Square
It’s entirely possible that if you spend an hour - or a few - shopping in Logan Square, Chicago, you’ll start to feel a bit hungry. So why not recharge at one of the many delicious eateries and cafes in Logan Square? Check out our list of awesome restaurants and small-bite eateries to try below. Each of these restaurants are near the shops we recommended above, so take your pick!
- Lula cafe. This cafe has inventive, organic, and fresh food - as well as an awesome happy hour menu!
- Andros Taverna. If you’re looking for a fresh and healthy gyro, or some other form of greek and mediterranean eats, stop by Andros Tavrna! It’s only a short walk from Wolfbait & B-girls and the perfect post-shopping eatery to refuel.
- Falafel & Grill. Fresh, affordable middle eastern cuisine - what more could you ask for? If you’re seeking lots of fresh protein grilled with sides like rice, fresh vegetable skewers, and more, Falafel & Grill is the perfect place for you to shop mid- or post-shopping trip in Logan Square.
- Komorebi Sushi. If fresh fish is more your style, stop at Komorebi Sushi for a quick (or leisurely) bite to eat. Order a fresh salmon roll if you’re looking for healthy cuisine. This restaurant is a pescatarian’s dream!
- Namaste Chicago. This casual restaurant sports delicious Indian cuisine with plenty of healthy and delicious options. It’s got outdoor seating for beautiful spring days. It’s also got gluten-free options!
- Buona Terra. Alright, Italian food might not typically be at the top of your list of healthy eating options in Chicago. But we simply couldn’t leave Buona Terra off the list. With 4.7 stars and a loyal customer base, this Italian Restaurant near Nakama Toys is sure to delight you and anyone else dining with you. Some of its menu items might be a splurge, but with a running promise of featuring only the best and freshest ingredients, Buono Terra is guaranteed to bring you an unforgettable meal.
- La Celia. Craving Latin cuisine? Then you must try La Celia! This restaurant offers a broad range of authentic Latin cuisine with a few special twists. You can find a variety of healthy and low-calorie options here. This restaurant is sure to satisfy your taste buds - especially after a long day of walking around Logan Square.
- The Brewed. It might so happen that, after some shopping, you need a little energy boost to continue exploring. There’s no better time, then, to try delicious coffee at The Brewed Coffee Shop. The Brewed is a unique horror-themed coffee shop and will keep you on your toes with wacky decor and a fun vibe. The Brewed is a promised pick-me-up - and not just because of its caffeinated beverages!
- Cafe Mustache. This intimate cafe and bar are the perfect place to stop for some energy, small bites, and even some live music! It’s even regarded as one of the best non-traditional music venues in Logan SquareSqaure (and Chicago as a whole). Want some energy and entertainment? Be sure to head to Cafe Mustache after shopping at FELT.
- Chiya Chai. Chiya Chai is a small and casual eatery that boasts, of course, chai tea varieties, coffee/espresso, and much more. Try a jump-starting beverage here to regain fuel after a long day of shopping and walking around Logan Square.
Best Logan Square Fitness Centers
If you’re looking to get some additional exercise after time shopping in Logan Square, Fit Results is the perfect spot. Located in the heart of the neighborhood, Fit Results offers a wide range of fitness classes and boot camps to help you reach your fitness goals. Whether you're looking for a high-intensity workout or something more low-key, our fitness center has something for everyone.
At Fit Results, we offer a variety of classes like HIIT, endurance bootcamps, and more that are designed to be challenging - yet accessible - for athletes of all fitness levels. Our boot camp classes are designed to help you build strength and endurance while having fun in a supportive environment.
We also hire some of the best personal trainers available in Chicago who can provide one-on-one instruction and guidance tailored to your individual needs.
Fit Results FitResults is committed to providing members with an enjoyable experience every time they come in. Our facility is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, as well as locker rooms with showers so you can freshen up after your workout (and maybe even get back to shopping)! We also have certified instructors on staff at all times who are dedicated to helping you reach your fitness goals. You’re free to ask our fitness experts questions at any time.
At Fit Results Chicago, we believe that fitness should be accessible and inclusive to everyone. Our boot camps, personal training, and fitness classes are designed to help you become your best self. We strive to create a supportive community where everyone can feel comfortable and motivated to reach their goals. Come join us today and see the difference Fit Results can make in your life!
Happy Shopping in Logan Square!
Shopping in Logan Square, Chicago is a great way to explore the area and find unique items that you won't find anywhere else. With its wide variety of boutiques, shops, and other retail stores - as well as delicious restaurants - it's easy to find something special for yourself or someone else. And with their central proximity to shopping destinations in Logan Square, you can easily incorporate fitness considerations into your shopping plans.
Our itinerary for shopping in Logan Square includes some of the best places in the area such as Wolfbait & B-girls, Adornment+Theory, Kokorokoko, Nakama Toys, Monarch Thrift Shop, and FELT. Keep in mind there’s still more to explore in this area.
So if you're looking for a great shopping destination that has something for everyone and offers plenty of opportunities to get fit while you shop then Logan Square is definitely worth checking out!